Monday, March 13, 2017








March 13, 2017



6:51 p.m.


I got an e-mail today from the White House. Yep, honest to God, from the White House. Here is the body of the letter I received:  


"Obamacare has been a complete failure since the beginning, and things are only getting worse. 

Today, President Donald J. Trump held a listening session to hear directly from Americans who have experienced significant hardship as a result of Obamacare's poor coverage and rising prices.

President Trump wants to hear from hard-working Americans like you. How has Obamacare affected you? Share your Obamacare disaster story. 

During the meeting, one woman revealed that she had her health insurance cancelled three times since Obamacare became law. Another attendee had her insurance jump from $17,000 a year to a devastating $52,500 a year for her struggling family, while yet another said her health insurance now costs more than her mortgage. 

Obamacare came packaged as the healthcare solution for all Americans. Instead, the country was given hundreds of pages of broken promises. 

Millions of hard-working Americans have been impaired by soaring costs, cancelled plans, and overbearing mandates. As one of those innocent Americans, President Trump wants to hear your story about how this disastrous law has affected you and your family."



I was then invited to click a link and tell my own disaster story. 

I don't have a disaster story. Obamacare works for me and for many other people in this country. 


After a few expletives were deleted from the body of my own text, here is my reply to the White House administration who has assumed that everyone thinks they way they do and that I will back them up on their proposed agenda:




"Today I received an e-mail from you. A really opinionated and frankly offensive e-mail. An e-mail that suggests to me that you've made assumptions about me without knowing anything about me.  YOU sent it. I did NOT ask for it. Remember that, because I'm not going to answer the way you thought I would.
So--really? You want MY opinion? If you want someone to trash the coverage Obamacare provided-- boy, did you ask the wrong person!
I was uninsurable due to pre-existing conditions. Health care for me was unheard of! Regardless of the plans, which I could never have afforded, I had conditions that would forever be self-pay conditions before "Obamacare".
Finally I could seek health care and afford the medications that keep me from being miserable or possibly dying. Finally I could get a tooth taken care of. Finally!
And NOW?
You want to remove a plan that covers my low income family members and friends and my aging parents and replace it with one that won't cover my kids or their children AT ALL and will more than triple the costs to my parents and to me.
Your "plan" leaves many, many more people uninsured. It has far FEWER options than Obamacare. It increases costs for those who have already paid into a system that was put in place for their protection. It takes health care from the people who need it most.  Talk about a disaster! If you really want to do something right, start over and come up with a plan that works for everyone. This benefits no one but the rich--and they can already afford their insurance.
Your health care costs are paid by taxpayers--me, in other words. Why don't you repeal THAT and go on your own plan? Imagine the money the country would save just on that alone! Imagine the  "employees of the people" actually carrying their own weight!
By the way, you're all on your way to age 65 plus if you're not there already. Do you think you'll escape aging just because you're rich and someone else is paying for your health care costs?You've literally made this age group expendable within this plan.  Is this population control at its nastiest?
I don't know how you chose ME to tell you a story, but I'll tell you one thing right now. I, my friends and my family will certainly be at the polls for the next election to get rid of all of you who do NOTHING to protect us or further our best interests. I have become politically active for the first time in my life trying to keep this administration from forming, and I will remain active to see that it goes away.
I guess you should probably e-mail your request to someone who will bow to your agenda. I am not that person."

Then I signed my name and sent it back, along with my e-mail address--which they obviously already have--and my zip code.

And THEN I had to listen to Trump tell me how terrible Obamacare is! How the new plan is going to make me very happy. How it will benefit me, not Washington. 


Oh, my story is not going to make them happy AT ALL.


I regretted the decision to sign and submit immediately. 


I may be doomed. 


Now I need to throw out my microwave, television, coffee maker, cell phone--hell probably the baby and bathwater--to make sure they don't target me and try to claim I'm a terrorist for daring to disagree with them. 


Sheesh! 


I never thought I'd feel paranoid of my own government. But, I gotta tell you--I'm feeling a little creeped out!


So, I don't know. Do you want to visit the website and tell them what you think? Here's the link: 


https://www.whitehouse.gov/obamacare-share-your-story?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=20170313_HEA_obamacare_share-your-story

What you say is up to you, of course. You may disagree with me--that's your right! I'm not going to argue with you or hold it against you. Maybe it really didn't work for you. But it has been working for me and mine, and I don't agree with the new plan they are trying now to shove down our throats. They can do better! MUCH better. 

So that's today's story, and I'm sticking to it. 

Have a good night. 

By the way, if something happens to me--well, you know what happened. Don't let them get away with it, okay? 

Okay, bye now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment