Thursday, March 30, 2017

March 29, 2017
11:26 p.m.

My time in my hometown is coming to an end. I'll be headed back to Colorado next week. It's time to do all the things I have to do at home--doctor's appointments, dentist appointments, home repairs.

I've been here since mid-December--why does it feel like the time zoomed by so fast?

Since I have been here, I have reconnected with a forever-friend, and we have gone to the movies nearly every week since the beginning of the year--movie nights! I thought it might be fun to do a little look back on the movies we've seen and see how we rated them.


01-03-2017:  Rogue One: A Star Wars Movie        Rank:   #3 by me                                      5 stars

01-10-2017:  Collateral Beauty                             Rank:   #5 by me                                      5 stars

01-17-2017:  Hidden Figures                                Rank:   #4 by me                                      5 stars

01-24-2017:  XXX Return of Xander Cage            Rank:   #9 by me                                       2 stars                                                  
01-31-2017:  Split                                               Rank:   #7 by me                                       4 stars

02-07-2017:  La La Land                                     Rank:   #6 by me                                       5 stars

02-14-2017:  John Wick Chapter 2                       Rank:   #11 by my friend, #10 by me        0.5 stars

02-28-2017:  A Dog's Purpose                              Rank:   #2 by me                                       5 stars

07-07-2017:  Fist Fight                                        Rank:   #11 by me, #10 by my friend        0.5 stars

03-14-2017:  Lion                                               Rank:   #1 by both of us                             5 stars

03-28-2017:  Chips: The Movie                            Rank:   #8 by me                                      3 stars

I didn't make her rate the rest, just best and worst. We agreed on best, but not on worst. I was more okay with a movie that was like watching kids play a video game than I was with a movie that made teachers look like idiots, but we agreed that #10 and #11 were pretty darn bad.

I rated the rest, and the rankings have to do with which I loved best to blechhh!

I also saw a couple more movies, but not with my friend, with family. They were:

03-12-2017: The Shack (with parents, siblings and in-laws)

03-19-2017:  Beauty and the Beast (with sister and brother-in-law)

5 stars for both, and I would tie Beauty and the Beast with #1 and The Shack with #2

I have no idea how others are judging these movies. You can let me know what you thought in the comments, if you like.  All I know is I have had a great time the last few weeks, and that I ususally don't see this many movies in the course of a whole year!

To my friend, Madeline--thank you so much! Not many people are lucky enough to have a friend who, in spite of time and distance, remains your friend over the course of many years. We have gone years without speaking and still fell into step like it had been only days of being apart. I'm so grateful to know that there are friendships like that and that I share one with you.

I'm looking forward to one more movie night and then I'll be gone for awhile. But never fear, I shall return and we'll share a few more laughs.

People, if you're lucky enough to have friends, treasure them. They are priceless.

Goodnight!











No comments:

Post a Comment