Thursday, March 30, 2017

March 30, 2017
12:06 a.m.

Twenty-four hours and six minutes ago I vowed not to comment or react to any political posts on social media.

Unfortunately for me, politicians did not agree not to be stupid for the same period of time, and so my vow was really hard to keep! I mean, really, really, REALLY hard. Which may say more about me than it does about them.

I spent years being only minimally involved in knowing what was going on in the world. I was busy, I hated watching the news because it depressed me, I was not all that interested in what made the country tick. I could make all the excuses in the world, but what it came down to was just this: I just didn't care enough.

The last couple of years changed all that; Trump is a scary dude. That kind of power plus ignorance is a bad combination. I got more involved, more up-to-date, more informed because I was suddenly more scared of the future than I had ever been.

So now I am an angsty old lady who worries too much and comments too much and gets really confused about those who still don't seem to care.

I kind of want to go back to the too-busy-to-pay-attention gal. I had a lot more fun.

Ah, the good ol' days!
___________________________________________________________________________________

12:06 p.m.

Somewhere between then and now, I went to sleep. Now I am going grocery shopping with my Dad. Shopping, shopping, keeps me hopping.

Later!
___________________________________________________________________________________

9:56 p.m.

I think you should be really proud of me. Not only did I make it over 24 hours, it was more like 36 hours before I commented on anything at all politically charged.

Now I just want to make positive comments. We'll see how that goes.

It may play out something like this: "I am POSITIVE that so-n-so and such-n-such are dumber than a sack of hammers."

Hahaha!

I'll try not to, but...you know...politics.
___________________________________________________________________________________

10:01 p.m.

You know what? No matter how old your kids get, they still need you.

That's comforting, right?

Right?

Hello?
___________________________________________________________________________________

11:20 p.m.

I am the only person I know whose bra attacks me by practically puncturing my lung with a broken underwire, and then, when I dare to throw it away, leaps out of the garbage to smack me in the face. My hatred of bras in this moment is without equal.

But--not enough to go bra-less. Just sayin'.
___________________________________________________________________________________

So...how's your life going?

I think I'll go to bed, and pray the the bra doesn't suddenly appear next to me on the pillow, ready to choke me in my sleep.

Maybe I'll just stay up.

I'll think at you later.

G'night!





No comments:

Post a Comment