Sunday, December 10, 2017

December 10, 2017
3:35 p.m.

I have no idea what I am doing today.

I have been trying to watch a new series on Netflix, one made in Germany and overdubbed in English, called "Dark". It is quite compelling, but I keep getting interrupted and now I'm confused. Normally I would wait until everyone else is asleep, but with my daughter's night work schedule, no one is asleep at the same time in this house anymore.

Oh, well, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again. I'll figure it out.

I'm also working my way through Hulu's "Marvel's Runaways". This series I started because I am a big fan of James Marsters.


As such, I give the things he's doing a try. I'm sticking with this one, because it's a really good series. It focuses more on the teen cast, who have discovered that their parents are not the people they'd believed them to be. I'm having fun with it. 

In recent years I've gotten a lot of amusement over the fact that when I was growing up, nerdiness was a bad thing, and admitting to being a comic book fan-- other than Mad Magazine-- was likely to get you laughed out of the room. Now being a nerd is cool, and some of the best movies and series out there are based on comics. Ah, the irony. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

5:09 p.m.

Distracted again. My granddaughter asked me to help her find her "bute" (boot). 

Toddlers. Man, I love them, even if they sometimes exhaust me. Up until recently, I was "gampa" to her, and now she's moved on to "gama". I don't know why, but I sure miss being "gampa". All the cute things they say--it's a little heartbreaking when they figure it out. 

My niece, as a toddler, said "sninky" instead of "stinky". My parents still say "sninky". Some of those mispronunciations just stick in families. We still have "spusghetti" to eat at my house, thanks to one of my kids. 

What words have stuck in your family vocabularies thanks to your kids or grandkids?
_________________________________________________________________________________

I am so not ready for Christmas. I have to go over a particular order I placed recently, because I got a delivery yesterday for something I swear I didn't order. Weird. 

I'm also out of touch a bit this year. It was a freaky busy year. I'm not sure what any of the kids are reading this year, so I haven't gotten their books. I've gotten other things... but this feels strange, so I better get cracking. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a little upset with myself over Thanksgiving. I made a good dinner and we had a good time, but I didn't take any pictures! That's pretty unlike me. I wasn't feeling well, so I basically made of myself an observer once dinner was done. (I did enjoy leftovers the next day, however!) 

My son in law took this and shared it with me:


There may be others, but no one has shared them with me. Hint, hint!
_________________________________________________________________________________

6:05 p.m.

Okay, I'm going to say you should probably watch "Dark" on Netflix. Bizarre. I'm weirded out. I will never be able to talk my son into watching this.  

Weird. 

Can't stop watching. 

This is one of those shows that require a 2nd go round once you're done. Or at least, once I am done. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, I'm hungry. It just struck me out of the blue. So I'm out for now!

What to eat? What to eat? It's a conundrum. 

Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment